Putting special characters in the title should have no adverse effect on the layout or functionality.
Latin Character Tests
This is a test to see if the fonts used in this theme support basic Latin characters.
This is a sticky post.
There are a few things to verify:
- The sticky post should be distinctly recognizable in some way in comparison to normal posts. You can style the
.sticky class if you are using the post_class() function to generate your post classes, which is a best practice.
- They should show at the very top of the blog index page, even though they could be several posts back chronologically.
- They should still show up again in their chronologically correct postion in time, but without the sticky indicator.
- If you have a plugin or widget that lists popular posts or comments, make sure that this sticky post is not always at the top of those lists unless it really is popular.
Title should not overflow the content area
A few things to check for:
- Non-breaking text in the title, content, and comments should have no adverse effects on layout or functionality.
- Check the browser window / tab title.
- If you are a plugin or widget developer, check that this text does not break anything.
The following CSS properties will help you support non-breaking text.